Repost: Icon Names Standard

Kenneth Wimer wimer at suse.de
Sat Sep 11 01:48:39 EEST 2004

* Frans Englich <frans.englich at telia.com> [Sep 11. 2004 00:26]:
> On Friday 10 September 2004 07:22, ???????????????? ?????????????????? wrote:
>
> Slightly related is "pseudo icons" which  I proposed on this list a couple of
> months ago. Food for thought:
>
> http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xdg/2004-July/004232.html

I think that this kind of thing undermines the whole point behind the
effort, actually. I think that one should start at the points that are
easily fixable and definable and then work forward. I admit that there
will always be a large difference in the needs between desktops but some
tihngs (many!) can be written down in stone now, so that we can move
forward.

Don't forget that there is a difference between specifacation and
implementation.

Bye,
Kenneth
--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany