Desktop Notifications Spec 0.3

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu Sep 16 20:40:09 EEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 16:48 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > Shouldn't sound be a part of the spec, too?
> > I was thinking about gaim, gnomemeeting or the battery monitor for example.
>
> Originally it was. But there's no reason not to do this client side, so
> it was dropped.

One reason not to do this client side is if you want the audio synced
with the notification.  I don't think it is a big deal not to have it in
the spec but it would be a nice optional piece since clients would be
able to decide if they wish to play the sound or have it synced with the
notification.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer