Fwd: Re: tigert's mockups and HTML

Christian Hammond chipx86 at gnupdate.org
Wed Sep 22 21:14:00 EEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 01:08:44PM +0200, Lars Hallberg wrote:
> Alex Graveley wrote:
>
> >Hi Christian,
> >
> >I strongly believe using XEMBED is the right solution here.  We should
> >take a hint from the success of the system tray spec.
> >

> Agree!
>
> Nativ suport some simple text, and XEMBED. That means only notifications
> needing fancy layout need the overhed. Out of memory notifications don't
> need to overload the machine (and in the case of resorce shortage

This all assumes XEMBED will always be around, and that the
applications that wish to use notification will all be X apps.

I don't think this is a safe assumption to make. Supporting XEMBED may
not be a bad idea, but in that case, we want something that we can
expand to other methods in the future.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 at gnupdate.org      <>  http://galago.sourceforge.net/