recent-files

Sven Neumann sven at gimp.org
Wed Sep 29 00:46:11 EEST 2004

Hi,

while implementing the recent-file-spec for The GIMP I found that the
spec isn't very clear on what should be used in the <Group> tag. I had
a look at my ~/.recently-used file and found the following entries:

      <Group>Eye of Gnome</Group>
      <Group>Gst-Player</Group>
      <Group>OpenOffice.org</Group>
      <Group>Totem</Group>
      <Group>gedit</Group>
      <Group>ggv</Group>
      <Group>gpdf</Group>

Now I wonder what's the prefered string to put here. The application
name as found in the desktop entry or rather the command that is used
to start it. At least gedit, ggv and gpdf seem to do the
latter.

Or to boil it down: Should GIMP be using "The GIMP" or "gimp"?

Sven