dvfs api and toolkits

Nate Nielsen nielsen-list at memberwebs.com
Tue Apr 5 07:06:19 EEST 2005

Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 03:34 +0000, Nate Nielsen wrote:
>>When you plug the GPGME library into a custom 'data handler' (ie: for
>>encrypting, decrypting, signing, verifying files over a VFS) four
>>operations are (currently) needed:
>>
>>read, write, seek, close
>
> Just as an aside (not trying to negate what you're saying) for my own
> curiosity - do you know WHY it needs seek support?  I'm not much of an
> encryption expert (not much == not at all), but I don't see the
> reasoning for it.

No idea. At first glance it doesn't seem it would be necessary....

Okay, I looked into all the |gpgme_data_seek| uses in the GPGME library,
and it seems they're only (currently, again) used like:

gpgme_data_seek (handle, 0, SEEK_SET)

So basically to return to the beginning of an open file.

Cheers,
Nate