dvfs api and toolkits

Nate Nielsen nielsen-list at memberwebs.com
Sun Apr 10 03:28:08 EEST 2005

Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 23:24 +0000, Nate Nielsen wrote:
>>Yes, understood. The examples we're talking about (where seeking without
>>a massive delay is required) are about immediately seeking half way into
>>a large document (let's for our purposes say >100 MB) and starting to
>>read the file from there.
>
> Ah, sorry.  I wasn't even considering that particular example.  My
> fault.
>
> How often does that situation arise in practice?

I listed several in a recent email to this list:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2005-April/006653.html

A complete study could be done, if it's necessary. Many file formats and
applications have this behavior. And yes, again, I am talking about
'document' (from a user perspective) type files and formats.

Cheers,
Nate