An analysis about a generic desktop application configuration management system

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 12 16:43:27 EEST 2005

  Just for information, it's relatively trivial to read the
change log from LDAP and, when a change that is of interest
to you occurs, to query LDAP for the relevant data and send
it to a non-LDAP-aware program.
  One of my folks did so as a perl script for a single LDAP
server in an afternoon. Making it high-availability with
multiple LDAPs took a bit longer (:-))

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest