platform release, end thread (Was: Bringing fdo.org to the next level)

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Fri Apr 15 17:16:41 EEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 16:08 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 15:47 +0200, Lars Hallberg wrote:
>
> > Howewer, some formal metode for 'blessing' the standards that have
> > reached that strong position alredy would probably be good.
>
> Indeed. This is what I ment with my proposal. A formal method for
> blessing the standards that have reached a strong position already.

WE ALREADY HAVE THIS!!

See the FDo Platform.  It is a collection of specs and software that is
already in wide-use and stable.  There have not been any releases yet
(or did they just release 1.0?), but it's already in the works.  There
is a separate mailing list for fdo platform issues if you wish to
discuss it.

End of the thread, please?