Bringing fdo.org to the next level

Ely Levy elylevy-xserver at cs.huji.ac.il
Fri Apr 15 17:38:46 EEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:08:20PM +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 15:47 +0200, Lars Hallberg wrote:
> >
> > > Howewer, some formal metode for 'blessing' the standards that have
> > > reached that strong position alredy would probably be good.
> >
> > Indeed. This is what I ment with my proposal. A formal method for
> > blessing the standards that have reached a strong position already.
> >

> Ok, I think most people misunderstood ;)
>
> Sounds like needless bureaucracy to me. Either a standard is widely used and
> accepted, or it is not. What would be the added value of a formal approval?

This starts to get more like an irc dicussion than mailing list one;)
I wrote it in my last few emails:)
in short more information for users/developers working on getting
communication better working on solving problems they rise.
When it's not formal there is a large list of "standards"
this way you just go kde and gnome are fd.o compatible therefore they work
with each other.