DConf: some observations

Philip Van Hoof spamfrommailing at freax.org
Fri Apr 15 18:36:06 EEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 17:25 +0200, Simon Edwards wrote:
> On Thursday 14 April 2005 00:39, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 21:57 +0200, Simon Edwards wrote:
> >
> > > I've been following this discussion this week and just wanted to make a
> couple
> > > of points that no one seems to have missed.
> >
> > IMHO you are making a few very good points here. I wonder if you would
> > like to put effort and time in investigating and making such a use-case?
>
> I wasn't planning on getting into the config-framework business, but anyway
> I've had a go at making a list of the basic scenarios that a theoretical
> configuration management system/framework would be up against.

With your permission I'd like to add this to the wiki[1].

Do I have that permission? Or would you prefer adding the information
yourself? That would be even better.

It's possible that this new use-case style analysis wille have an impact
on other aspects of the current requirements-analysis. Of course is
everything you'll see there a work-in-progress. So thats normal.

[CUT]

Thanks

-----
[1] http://freax.be/wiki/index.php/Temporary_location_for_D-Conf_specs