ogg [was Re: [clahey at ximian.com: docbook mime type detection]]

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 04:28:29 EEST 2005

On 7/26/05, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> > What would be preferable then? (I looked for what ogg tarkin does, but
> > no success- seems it isn't in the primary DB either?)
>
> Ogg Tarkin isn't a filetype. Tarkin is the video codec, Ogg is the
> container. Only the container has a mime-type (this is slightly
> different for some other video types because they have different file
> extensions for different purposes).

OK, so, on my system muine claims in muine.desktop to own the following:

MimeType=audio/x-mpegurl;application/x-ogg;application/ogg;application/x-flac;audio/x-flac;audio/x-mp3;audio/x-mpeg;audio/mpeg;

Apparently the net result of this is that, in a default installation,
muine is the default handler for theora. What should the muine
.desktop file (or the system defaults.list?) do to fix this, so that
vorbis is handled with muine (or whatever) and theora with totem (or
whatever?)

Luis