Desktop Entry Spec : RootRequired entry

Manu Cornet Manu.Cornet at GMail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:16:47 EEST 2005

Hi !

> Just picking up on your last point, presumably an implementation doesn't
> actually have to hide these things - it could, for instance, put a
> little icon to signify whether you needed administrative priviledge to
> run it.
>
> That would be useful even if you had the rights - it acts as a warning
> to people that running this application may do dangerous system stuff.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty good idea. I believe it could be up to
each distro to see what they want to do, though.

Well, since the discussion seems to be more about the implementation
than about the spec, is everything all right with this new key ? Is it
ok to commit the previously submitted patch (and who can commit it --
since I don't think I have the rights to do that) ?

Cheers,
Manu