Proposal for better handling of mimetype icon themeing

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Tue Dec 20 23:46:56 EET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 21:09 +0000, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> Not mime:application-x-bzip? That's OK, but we should update
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fshared_2dmime_2dinfo_2dspec
> (at the bottom of the page) to say so if that's the new format.

Prepending mime: is rather redundant, and : in filenames is not really
the best thing to do, in terms of making things easier for artists to
make themes, and portability to other potential filesystems. Thus, the
choice for the Icon Naming Spec was to use simply the mime type, with
the slash character converted to a hyphen.

-- dobey