Category changes and idea

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Sun Feb 27 17:38:39 EET 2005

Salut,

I propose two changes in the registered categories:

IRCClient:
this should become ChatClient, as to not having to invent such a category for
each non-IM chat protocol, like Jabber or others

LevelEditor:
similar to TextEditor, however related to the Game category

Another idea I had was to add multiple categories but not let the application
show up in each of them.
For instance,
 Categories=X-WorldDomination;TerminalEmulator;Motif;
 PreferredCategories=X-WorldDomination;TerminalEmulator;
would place the application under X-WorldDomination if available, and under
TerminalEmulator if not, and under Motif in every case.
I'm not sure this makes sense but it seems useful, because it allows to
specify more categories without cluttering the menus.

Josef