Linux Desktop Testing Project - Hosting request

Henrik Sandklef hesa at sandklef.com
Tue Jan 4 11:22:54 EET 2005

> But the real advancement in Test Automation can happen only if the tools
> are able to recognize the objects (like Winrunner, Rational Robot and
> Silk Test etc.)

To achieve this you have to make the program (that is to be tested)
aware of the test framework. There is no plan to support this in Xnee.

If eithre someone helps us out or if I find some sponsor it can be achieved
but right now all my spare is spent on activities directly related to
FSF Europe.

> Also, only the test tool "alone" can not do much for complex integrated
> test. We need a test automation framework to support that. Otherwise it
> may eventually become un-maintainable.
>
> LDTP is aimed at doing this. This is based on "objects" and
> "context-sensitive". It leverages the Keyword Driven Automation
> Framework (http://safsdev.sf.net)

Again, I think you have to make the program aware of the test tool. Am
I right?

> Please visit the site (http://gnomebangalore.org/ldtp), use the tool (in
> pre-alpha stage) and give your valuable comments.

I will have a look at it.

> Thanks
> Nagappan
>
> Henrik Sandklef wrote:
>
>>I use the following program for automation test:
>>
>>	http://www.gnu.org/software/xnee/
>>

>>/h

>>>	Interestingly, the previous posting was about the
>>>	JDesktop Integration Components (JDIC) project.
>>>
>>>	Java contains just such a testing tool, which might
>>>	be leveraged to contribute to the LDTP work.
>>>
>>>--dave

> --
> Nagappan A <anagappan at novell.com>
> Novell Software Development (I) Pvt. Ltd.

--- www.gnu.org -----
     \  `  /
      ): :(
      :o_o: