continued: Common-VFS proposal

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Jan 19 18:09:24 EET 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 21:25, nf2 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have written a little docbook article:
>
> http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/common-vfs/concept/
>
> looking forward to your feedback...

It's not that I don't appreciate a good joke from time to time, but you
either need to seriously reconsider the daily dosage of whatever you're
taking or wait with those emails until April 1st.

On a more serious, I'm very glad someone is thinking about implementing
a common vfs layer but I hate to be the one to tell you that right now
it's not going to be you. Don't take it personally, but you don't seem
to have a clue about what you're talking about. And I'm sorry but your
dockbook document is just embarrassing. It probably stems from your
lack of understanding of both vfs subsystems or just ignorance of how
integration between desktops works.

"Corba for IPC (DBUS can't be used here, because this requires
heavy-weight IPC)" is something I'm considering putting in my list of
signatures.

But again, I very much appreciate your effort but as of now you just
don't have enough knowledge to implement it. You are of course more
than welcome to try and experiment but as it stands you could never
realistically expect that we would even consider using it. The most
realistic thing you can hope for is that people who either were or are
actually involved in creating VFS layers and desktop environments get
together on one of the conferences and nail this out. It's not going to
happen anytime soon though.

Zack

--
Notice: Your mouse has been moved. Windows will now restart so this
change can take effect.