D-BUS Licensing?

Ryan Gammon rgammon at real.com
Wed Jan 19 22:56:25 EET 2005

Marcin Krzyzanowski wrote:

> Użytkownik Sean Middleditch napisał:
>
>> On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 12:50 -0800, Colin Johnson wrote:
>
>> In general, though, linking a proprietary app with the D-BUS C library
>> is allowed
>

> afaik not if GPL, like openssl case.

It looks to me like it's dual licensed under one's choice of the
Academic Free License or the GPL.

IANAL, but the academic license (1c) says that I can distribute copies
of a derivative work. This sounds to me like I could statically link
dbus into my app, and distribute the app as a "derivative work" under
the terms of the AFL.

Hopefully someone on this list will correct me if I'm totally off base.

--
Ryan Gammon
rgammon at real.com
Developer for Helix Player