pkg-config2

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sun Jan 23 18:46:26 EET 2005

On Sunday 23 January 2005 07:27, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 11:43:56PM -0500, Maks Orlovich wrote:
> > > Looking over kde-config, it does exactly what I thought it does, and I
> > > see a massive overlap in functionality.
> >
> > The interesting part here is not the directory, it's the directory
> > cascade.
>
> I don't see anything other than multiple values; if you can enlighten me as
> to how this is impossible with pkg-config, please do so.

The point of kde-config is that it tells you which paths KDE uses for various
things, given the various and currently active KDE configuration options for
that. I don't see how pkg-config can know e.g. which additional wallpaper
directories have been configured for KDE, or which KIOSK-profile is currently
active.

I guess there is some overlap in the sense that some of the prefix options
could be handled by pkg-config as well.

Cheers,
Waldo
--