Integrating IM applications - OFI

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Tue Jan 18 16:41:50 EET 2005

Le Vendredi 14 Janvier 2005 01:01, Marcin Krzyzanowski a écrit :
> Użytkownik Kevin Krammer napisał:
> > On Thursday 13 January 2005 17:02, Igor Popik wrote:
> >>This only a proposal of interface standard. It is simple, but It is
> >>working: we managed to to implement it in Gossip, Mozilla and GNOME and
> >>our IM app GNU Gadu - http://www.gnugadu.org.
> >>
> >>We are aware of Galago project. But in our opinion such integration
> >>should be done in ligth-weight manner :-)
> >
> > You should also check out KDE's IM interface /IMProxy.
> > As it also uses a communication bus (DCOP) it could be interesting for
> > you.
> >
> > http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.3-api/interfaces/html/cl
> >assKIMIface.html
> >
> > http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.3-api/interfaces/html/cl
> >assKIMProxy.html
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> Thanks, we'll take a look.

As you probably noticed, KIMProxy use id from KAddressBook to identify
contact.
The problem it's that it isn't desktop independent.

I suggest we said in the spec that for each IM client, a contact is associated
with a unique id (per client)
And one can get that id by a dbus call like
getId( "jid:xxx at jabber.com" )