pkg-config2

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jan 24 21:22:11 EET 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 16:34, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > > The point of kde-config is that it tells you which paths KDE uses for
> > > various things, given the various and currently active KDE
> > > configuration options for that. I don't see how pkg-config can know
> > > e.g. which additional wallpaper directories have been configured for
> > > KDE, or which KIOSK-profile is currently active.
> >
> > How would that be useful when installing a new package?
>
> I have no idea, you tell me ;-)

Maybe not at the installation stage but at the user dependent setup stage.
A couple of times admins/users/developers asked on KDE's mailing lists and
respecitve web forums for example how to install a desktop icon on the user's
desktop.
A simple script in KDE's global autostart folder can do this using kde-config
#!/bin/sh
cp /globalpath/app.desktop $(kde-config --userpath desktop)/

Cheers,
Kevin