Old and new CVS repositories are available via rsync

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sat Jan 29 18:32:09 EET 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 17:12 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 14:06 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> > Around 14 o'clock on Jan 25, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >
> > > *Ahem*. While I said "they don't need moving over", I didn't mean
> > > "they don't need to be present" :-)
> >
> > Ah, I thought you meant that they had been dealt with and didn't need
> > further care.
> >
> > There are many CVS versions for these specs on the machine; can you point
> > me at the ones you want moved into /cvs?
>
> The copies seem to be, for xembed:
>
> /home/compromised/hp/oldcvs/xembed/
> /home/compromised/planetmirror/cvs/xembed/
> /home/cvs-old/cvs/xembed/xembed/
> /home/cvs-old/xembed/xembed/
>
> I have *no* idea what the relationship between these copies are. What I
> want (for all three modules), is either
>
>  A) The version that was exported by rsync as cvs/foo at the time of
>     my original  mail.
>  B) The version that was exported by rsync as compromised-cvs/foo at the
>     time of my mail.

OK, I reversed engineered things and /home/cvs-old has good copies
and seems to have been where things were being restored from, so could
someone please do the following:

 cd /home/cvs-old/
 for i in xembed xsettings icon-theme ; do
   mv $i /cvs
   chown -R otaylor:$i /cvs/$i
   find /cvs/$i -type d | xargs chmod g+s
 done

> Since they were the same. Someone probably needs to do a comprehensive
> check of the modules to make sure that other modules didn't suffer
> the same fate.

Other possible "lost" modules:

 dbus-cpp  (appears in /home/cvs-old and /home/cvs-old/cvs)
 colorscheme (appears in /home/cvs-old/cvs)
 crystalball (appears in /home/cvs-old/cvs)
 translation (appears in /home/cvs-old/cvs)

I don't know who owns these modules, I haven't checked their contents.

Thanks,
						Owen