Unified autostart scripts directory

David Faure dfaure at trolltech.com
Tue Jul 5 21:21:21 EEST 2005

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 13:40, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> From comments elsewhere in the thread we seam to have the following for the
> different desktops:
> - KDE
>   $KDEDIRS/Autostart
>   $KDEDIRS/env

Not really. We have ~/.kde/Autostart/ (by default, but it's configurable)
for the *user* autostart folder (i.e. it's empty by default but users can put
.desktop links, or shellscripts in there).

And $KDEDIRS/share/autostart/ (which means a number of directories) for the
system autostart, with the features Waldo described. But starting KDE-desktop
apps in other environment doesn't make much sense ;)