RFC: Autostart spec, first draft

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sat Jul 9 23:52:22 EEST 2005

On Saturday 09 July 2005 17:55, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> 3) should we allow an autorun.desktop file to also be parsed and run on
> removable media
<SNIP>
> 3) I don't think so.  Complicates things a bit if we allow this.

I think it would be useful in order to be able to auto-open a document as
opposed to execute an application. Especially since there still isn't a
standardized way to "Open this document in the user's preferred application."

I'm open for solutions that don't involve a .desktop file, if that's
considered to complicated.

Cheers,
Waldo