RFC: Autostart spec, first draft

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sat Jul 9 23:56:53 EEST 2005

On Saturday 09 July 2005 22:06, seventh guardian wrote:
> Also, I challenge kde or gnome (or any other) to implement a working media
> autotart module/plugin, so that it gets tested "in the field". Then, we
> could say "this worked and that didn't", and not just a bunch of loose
> ideas about what it would be.

The spec is based on the functionality currently found in
gnome-volume-manager. I don't think "in the field" testing is a very good
idea, you don't want to add functionality to a release and then later have to
remove it again when you find out that it has all kinds of ill side effects,
epsecially if you could have thought of those effects from the onset.

Cheers,
Waldo