[clahey at ximian.com: docbook mime type detection]

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 23:48:57 EEST 2005

On 7/26/05, Luis Villa <luis.villa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/25/05, Christopher James Lahey <clahey at ximian.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone have any suggestions for how to proceed here?  I want to
> > make the mime system detect docbook, since there is a mime type for it.
>
> Ping? I'm running into the same problem here- I'd like to set a
> specific app to handle docbook, but AFAICT my options are either 'make
> that app the handler for all XML', or not have it handle it at all.
> Any ideas?

OK, so, nevermind, I suck. ;) I whipped up this docbook.xml for
/usr/share/mime/packages/, which when placed in /usr/share/mime/,
seems to do the right thing. I'm sending it to the list not so much in
hopes it'll get committed (it is probably hacky in some way shape or
form) but so that at least someone can find it in the archives later
when they have a problem.

Luis