XDG Menus GNOME vs. KDE

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 16:14:34 EEST 2005

applications.menu is the entry point for everything that ends up in the menu.
If you want to have a desktop-specific menu I would add code that selects a
file other than applications.menu as a starting point. Then what you will or
will not get in your menu will depend on what you put in that other .menu
file.

Cheers,
Waldo