D-Conf

David Faure dfaure at trolltech.com
Fri Mar 4 18:43:45 EET 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 16:58, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> >>There already is a branch of GConf that uses D-BUS (and has been for a
> >>couple of years). It's currently up to date with the last 2.6.X release
> >>of GConf. Removing GLib from there sounds like a waste of time imho.
> >
> > I understand as I really like glib too. I do fear, however, that KDE
> > developers wont even try to understand the dependency on glib.
>
> IIRC, arts already dependes on glib, so it does not seem to be a problem
> for KDE developers.

Actually that dependency has been frowned upon a lot, and compatibility
with the previous without-glib arts version has been kept for those who didn't
want that dependency, and the plan is to replace arts with something else
in kde 4 anyway - probably gstreamer. OK, if gstreamer depends on glib
the whole point is moot :)