D-Conf

Philip Van Hoof spamfrommailing at freax.org
Sat Mar 5 21:32:41 EET 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 10:48 -0500, Zack Rusin wrote:
> - We do not give a damn whether a name has d, g, h, z, u or any letter
> you can come up. And before someone asks, yes, that includes all
> encodings.

BTW. What I'm really trying to say is that we need to start working
together and that I'm getting tired of non-technical discussions about
the differences between KDE and GNOME and reasons not to work together
based on non-technical decisions.

In all honestly just as you do, I also don't give a thing about
characters or namespaces or names or whatever.

I just want, at some point in a near future, to have a good desktop
system and a nice development platform thats usable for many people in
this world.

I want to stop developing for only "GNOME" OR for "KDE". I want to start
developing for the free/open desktop.

And I don't give a damn about the social differences between KDE and
GNOME.

Also: I KNOW that the real KDE developers aren't those kids that I've
been describing. I'm fully aware of that. I do KNOW that the real KDE
developers are professionals in that aspect.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org