Menu addition.

George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Fri Mar 11 00:43:01 EET 2005

Hi all,
I'm doing some packaging for Ubuntu and have been packaging a number of
Ham Radio applications.  There currently isn't a good place to put these
in the GNOME menu system. I would like to propose the addition of a top
level Freedesktop.org menu under Applications called "Amateur Radio".
In the long standing tradition of Linux supporting Ham Radio this would
be great.

Comments?

George Farris   farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College

As with the rail barons of the past:
There is no reason why the computer industry should have to put up
with 'private standards' any longer. The word 'incompatible' is a
dirty word. It's time to run those who insist on using it out of the
business.