Menu addition.

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sat Mar 12 19:28:43 EET 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:22:10 -0500, Seth Nickell wrote:
> This is far too obscure to be a reasonable top level menu item (I say
> this as an amateur myself).

Why does that matter? Sure it's obscure but if you don't have any ham
radio apps installed, the menu won't appear at all so there's no harm in
having it in the defaults. If a distro decides that a ham radio app is
essential enough to be installed by default, that's the distros problem.

I don't think there should be any problems with having top level menus for
stuff like scientific apps/ham radio etc because for 99% of users they
won't appear, and for the users who are interested in them, they probably
don't want the menus buried somewhere hard to reach.

thanks -mike