Suggestion for new project: chemical-mime-data

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Mon May 9 17:09:29 EEST 2005

Hello,

I want to ask, if my package 'chemical-mime-data' can be hosted on
freedesktop.org. The package was hosted on sourceforge.net as part of
the chemistry development kit. After some big changes I'm now thinking
about moving it back to sf.net or maybe moving it into freedesktop.org
software projects. In my opinion, there is a closer relationship to the
freedesktop.org project. Here is a description of the package:

Aim: Provide a set of definitions to enable chemical MIME types
detection on KDE, GNOME and ROX desktops.

Therefor the project provides or should provide:
- Shared Mime-info Database definitions (freedesktop.org/ sub-dir)
- files for the current KDE 3 MIME type registration (kde/ sub-dir)
- files for old GNOME MIME type registration (gnome/ sub-dir)
- icons to associate with chemical MIME types (icons/ sub-dir)
- a set of files to test the detection (examples/ sub-dir)

The TODO file tells about issues, I want to resolve, before I want to
release version 0.1.0.

If there are open questions or concerns, please let me know.

Regards, Daniel