Keep Tango-artists mailinglist

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Nov 8 01:40:12 PST 2005

Am Dienstag, 8. November 2005 06:11 schrieb Daniel Stone:

Hi Danie,

> fd.o does not 'accept' standards.  It does not have any process for
> conferring standardisation or otherwise.  All it does is host various
> documents (as well as random other stuff) in the hope that some of it is
> useful.

This would be diluting the "brand" recognition and usefulness of fdo. Actually
I expect that fdo does not randomly host any project like sourceforge. If fdo
becomes another sf it would be immediately obsolete.

So imho it is mandatory that for projects being hosted on fdo there is a
rather larger consensus that they have the support from the majority of
projects involved in fdo matters (e.g. KDE, GNOME, E, bb...)

As can be seen from the thread there is a consensus that a naming
specification is most useful but the Tango artwork is very controversial and
actually sofar noone except the original Ximian guys embraced it.

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/