Last Tango in fdo (was Re: Tango, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Desktop)

Jamie McCracken jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 09:05:51 PST 2005

Richard Moore wrote:

> This would seem to imply that some of reasons people have given
> for removing Tango from f.d.o are in fact valid. The question
> of whether people agree with those reasons is of course open.

I dont see any reason at all. fdo is for projects that aspire to become
some sort of standard. If and only if a project gets wide acceptance
will it ever become an effective standard.

I also dont see any possible harm in Tango as:

1) All the desktops are themeable anyhow (and distro's pick the default
theme)

2) It only really affects ISV's by giving them the choice to conform to
some neutral spec if they so wish. The decision to do so is up to them
not us.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://www.advogato.org/person/jamiemcc/