Last Tango in fdo (was Re: Tango, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Desktop)

Travis Watkins alleykat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:47:33 PST 2005

On 11/10/05, Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de> wrote:
> I definetly consider the way Tango handles this issue an abuse of fdo.
>
> BTW: The Tango people knew in advance that e.g. KDE is not pleased by the way
> they try to introduce their stuff as a standard. Unfortunately they chose to
> ignore these facts.

Personally, I'd say if you don't like them just stop looking at their
stuff. Attacking them and trying to scream publically "we don't want
this as a standard!" just brings more attention to it and annoys
people. Just because it's on fd.o doesn't mean you _have_ to use it,
no matter what it is or what the people creating it say.

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com