icon-theme-spec: Inherits=

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Wed Oct 19 05:10:39 PDT 2005

How is this at all a useful statement? Last I checked, the definition of
a standard is not simply the compilation of all API documentation for
all pieces of competing software into a single document.

I suggest that someone explain why multiple inheritance is a bad idea,
and propose valid changes to the specification. That's what this list is
for. I see no patches in your mail though. Now, do you have some input
on the subject that is actually constructive? If not, please do not
reply. The point of FreeDesktop.org and of this list, is to work to
improve the desktop experience that our collective customers see when
they install our products, not to argue about which individual desktop
is better, more correct in one person's eyes, etc... Please keep the
flamewars somewhere else.

-- dobey