Moving towards version 1.0 of desktop entry spec

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Sat Apr 22 16:20:48 EEST 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:04:50 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
>  + I wonder about the Actions key. It does make sense to me, but we
>    don't support it in GNOME and we only had one (old) bug report about
>    it. Do other projects use it?

This is somewhat backwards ... it didn't get used (much) partly because
GNOME didn't implement it. At least I remember writing code that used it
and then going "huh? where are my actions?" only to find that bug. Makes
it rather less useful though the code was left in for KDE users.

The new file associations UI makes it less of an issue these days though,
as you can just have multiple file associations.