Location of recently-used file

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 15:27:43 EEST 2006

Hi;

I've already replied here:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2006-August/msg00019.html

Here I'll expand a bit on the XDG side of things.

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 14:10 +0200, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> So it seems that [1] needs an update, if the new format that Gtk is
> using is the one that XDG wants to use as well, which I suppose it is.

I've already put the spec on the fd.o wiki:

  http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fdesktop_2dbookmark_2dspec

the spec was discussed here on XDG-list last year:

  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg-list/2005-May/006862.html
  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg-list/2005-May/006903.html

I tried to get some more input a year later, when the reference
implementation was almost done and pending integration in GTK+ 2.9:

  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg-list/2006-March/007915.html

but got no replies (it was at the time of the great discussion
about .desktop files exec lines, so it might have been missed).

>  Also, why doesn't [1] follow the suggestions for file locations as
> specified in [2].

Because, as I said on gtk-devel-list, it tried to map existing files;
the usage of $HOME might be suboptimal, so I'm more than willing to
review it and move the files inside XDG-mandated directories.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi at gmail.com
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.net