.desktop files with relative icons ?

Rémi turboult at easynet.fr
Wed Aug 16 21:04:18 EEST 2006

Hi,

I have one question regarding the use if "Icon=" in the Desktop Entry Specification : how to set relative filenames in the "Icon=" field in a portable way ?
I have in mind the following scenario : authoring a read-only removable file system (e.g. a CD ROM, or some network share) with directories having predefined custom icons. In this case, I would like to have .desktop entries with a "Icon=" pointing to a relative file name (e.g. "Icon=./icons/my_icon.png").
How can I do this in a portable way ? If I understand correctly, he current spec (0.9.5) says that using Icon file names other than "absolute" is implementation dependent.

Regards,
    Rémi