Recommendation for $HOME

Kent Schumacher kent at structural-wood.com
Tue Dec 5 18:58:01 EET 2006

I would *love* to overload $HOME with other more exacting environment
variable.  Something like $USERDATA, $USERCONFIG, etc...  They could
fall back to $HOME if they weren't defined.

I have no idea what can and can't be deleted in my home folder - I
shudder to think what will happen when hard drive space stops growing...