Recommendation for $HOME

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Dec 8 21:35:39 EET 2006

Thomas Guettler wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2006 19:11 schrieb Brian J. Tarricone:
>
>> Again: mutt is broken.  A sane mail reader should be able to
>> interpret the mail store format you are using, and only display
>> the information relevant to the user.
>
> ~/Mail/.. is not a mailstorage. It just a directory containing
> mail storages. Some applications write index files into this
> directory. For example KMail. But the index files of KMail all
> start with a dot. This is good. The command "ls" and other
> applications hide these files.
>
> It is not the job of an MUA to check the contents of a file and
> guess if it is a mbox file or a index file of some other MUA.

Actually, it is.  Or are you talking about mutt's generic directory
browser?  I don't really understand what the issue is here.  If mutt
claims to support mbox and maildir, it should *easily* be able to
show you a folder listing without extraneous files that aren't
actually folders or messages.  That's it's job.

	-brian