How does [Desktop Action ...] work?

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Mon Feb 6 21:36:32 EET 2006

The last time I looked, it seemed unimplemented. Which was
a bummer, because I wanted to write an article about it (;-))

--dave

Ernst Persson wrote:
> Is there a real specification for [Desktop Action ...] yet?
> A list of standard actions would be great!
> Does the freedesktop tools support this, so the information
> can be collected from all desktop-files to a database?
> This would be great for gnome-volume-manager and
> gnome-default-applications for example, which both let's you
> choose an application for a specific action.
>
> [Desktop Action PlayCD]
> Name=Totem
> Exec=totem --play --dev=%d
> OnlyShowIn=GNOME
>
> Like this?
>
> Regards
> /Ernst Persson

David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest
davecb at canada.sun.com     |                      -- Mark Twain
(416) 263-5733 (x65733)   |