update-desktop-database location

Stanislav Brabec sbrabec at suse.cz
Tue Feb 7 17:40:56 EET 2006

Christian Westgaard píše v Út 07. 02. 2006 v 15:45 +0100:

> > But you can use:
> > update-desktop-database 2>/dev/null || true
> >
> > Or specifically in current version of SuSE:
> > SuSEconfig --module desktop-file-utils
> > It is started after installation of any package.
>
> I thought the idea was, not to have one check for every distro/version of distro,
> but to have one common way, defined by a standard.

I understand.

And what about adding pkg-config file desktop-file-utils.pc, as other
packages do. It can provide correct value of prefix, bindir etc.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SuSE CR, s. r. o.                             e-mail: sbrabec at suse.cz
Drahobejlova 27                               tel: +420 296 542 382
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 296 542 374
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/