systray spec modifications (RFC)

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 15:34:41 EET 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 18:02 +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> I've attached a test file with some suggested changes to the systray
> spec (as
> per the thread that was going on). comments sought. anyone? is there a
> general
> agreement this would be good?

I still think that storing pixel data in properties is ugly as hell,
and Render images would be a much better fit, but since I cannot
convince you that system trays will not play a prominent role on
X terminals in the future, there is probably not much point in
continuing to belabor this point. After all, the EWMH has survived
fine with this ugly wart.

Matthias