KDE/Gnome inconsistency in associations

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Sat Jan 7 02:42:02 EET 2006

Hi,

Rodney Dawes wrote:
> If you replace the & with an underscore _ character, do you get the
> exact opposite problem, and the accelerator is set in GNOME? If so,
> I'd say they are both broken.

Ah, ah. Interesting. I did not know that Gnome's equivalent for '&' was
'_' and I just realized that in all my (menu and association) tests the
underscores were followed by a space. I'll update them to see what's up.

For the problem at hand, I modified the Name so it reads 'Underscore+foo
_foo' but it passed uninterpreted in Gnome.

So apparently the consensus is that I should file a bug against KDE. So
I'll do so on monday.

Cheers,

--
Francois Gouget