[Portland] Doubts about xdg-su and xdg-screensaver (Was Re:First xdg-utils beta release)

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Fri Jul 7 10:50:04 EEST 2006

I don't see xdg-su so much as a "system integration" tool as well as a
desktop integrated version of "su -c". We discussed this at the DAM-II
meeting and I had the impression that people still saw a need for xdg-su
style functionality next to a PolicyKit based approach. In that context
I asked Alex Larsson if Fedora or RHEL had any plans to drop su and
there don't seem to be any plans in that direction.

Will PolicyKit be part of RHEL5?

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman

get-out-of-jail-card