Standardized playlists?

Milosz Derezynski internalerror at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 13:47:11 EEST 2006

Ok and how do we represent those as files? People won't always want to be
relying
on a database/indexer system like Tracker present for their playlists.

Personally we use XSPF as the default playlist format (http://xspf.org), i
guess M3U
is a little whacky really as the spec doesn't have any provisions for URLs,
but only for
pathnames, and was originally designed for Windows only and was "brought" to
*nix
by the XMMS people who i think were the first to support M3U on *nix and had
various
options for that like "Convert backslash to /", etc. bottom line is i don't
think M3U is the
container format of choice for exporting.