screensaver and power manager dbus interfaces

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Thu Jun 1 03:48:01 EEST 2006

The screensaver interface looks good. What is the use case for the
"Poke" method?

Power manager stuff looks nice as well, but maybe the KDE HW ppl can
comment on that a little bit better.

I think this fits in really nice with the long-term vision that Portland
has with DAPI (Deskop API). I would like to suggest to rename the
interface org.gnome.* to org.freedesktop.* and host them as part of DAPI
in the Portland CVS (See portland.freedesktop.org). And then we should
get some DBUS love for DAPI going I guess.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman