libxdg-vfs - screenshots

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Tue Jun 27 02:35:35 EEST 2006

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> nf2 wrote:
>
>> Hmm. I'd rather live with little inconsitencies than with fundamental
>> problems like not beeing able to access VFS shares from applications.
>>

> The GUI is meaningless at this point: if any application has access to the
> same view of the filesystem and virtual filesystems, they will display
> the data the way they want, but the *same* data. That's the important
> part.
>
> So you don't want to replace the file dialog, but you want the native
> dialog to be populated with your data.

Exactly. For instance it would be interesting to write a GtkFilesystem
module on top of libxdg-vfs, but i need some help for this...

Just another question:
What about those bookmarks in Gnome and KDE file-dialogs? If there is no
standard, i guess an interface in libxdg-vfs would be required...

Norbert