HAL and encrypted devices?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Wed Jun 28 10:57:38 EEST 2006

Hi,

just a question:

I have a machine with an encrypted luks device, which is mounted.

Whenever I start gnome or xfce, the gnome-volume-manager asks for the
password for this device (debian/ubuntu's manager comes with a patch
for encrypted devices). There's no point in asking for the password,
since the device is in use (contains LVM) and not available to plain
users.

As far as I saw from the sources, I need to tell HAL to set the
ignore property for that device, but how would I do that?

regards
Hadmut