Multiple DeskTops, HiColor theme, standardized icon names, & menu icons

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Thu Jun 29 01:44:03 EEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 00:26 +0200, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> If they are privately themed icons (your words) why should it matter
> where they put them?

They are privately installed themable icons. If they are private, and it
doesn't matter, then they aren't themed.

> Perhaps they are private for a reason?

They are installed to a private location, because applications
installing icons to hicolor, which other applications may also use, and
thus conflict with, is very bad.

This is quite blatently described in the full content of the thread. I'd
suggest reading it. It's a good read for the most part.

-- dobey